Web Raid's Home Page

If you find this blog interesting, why not try out Web Raid yourself? It's free, it's available for Windows and Mac OS X (probably also runs well under Linux). Just click here to enter Web Raid's homepage with all information + download option.

Montag, 8. März 2010

Monster!

Today Web Raid brought me across Wikipedia's page for "monster", which contains really interesting mazes:

  • Level 1 can be completely cleared with some strategy (basically wait till they are after you, then go down and immediately back up, appearing somewhere else).
  • After clearing level 1 I was equipped with fairly good armor (a really stable - 274% durability - lv. 19 armor and a lv 22 amulet) and a decent sword. I had also made sure not to use my strongest armor and amulet so far. I was ready to dive down.
  • Level 2 is a pre-defined level (castle level), where I found a really nice lv.16 hammer with a whopping 166,6% weapon smith skill. Lv.16 doesn't sound like much, but multiply level and skill and you see that it does the damage of an average Lv. 27 weapon. So much for the good news. The bad news: this level was tough. There was this (expletive) little beaver who didn't have anything else to do but grab a weapon and an armor, and a few others.
  • Level 3 isa maze again, unspectacular and without too tough monsters.
  • Then I entered level 4. Level 4 is pre-defined (the rose garden level), and contained ... a level 28 giant beaver (and a level 21 dragon).
The problem now is that I've collected plenty of items and managed to clear three levels, probably more than I ever did before. Should I hunt for that beaver and risk all my achievements? I don't know. Probably I'll chicken out :-).

Monster will probably be one of the demo levels of the next version of Web Raid.

---

Update:
I chickened out.

My brilliant strategy was "stay at the stair up, wait for the beaver and kill it or flee if you find out it's too strong". I stayed at the stair up and found myself simultaneously attacked by the beaver and another monster.

So I saved my 984 pt. "multi kill" (of course it had to be 984 pt. 16 more and I would have been awarded the fourth cup for multi kills).

Here's my current achievements:

multi kill Many (984)



total clearance http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/swapper (202)


monster Grand Metal Dragon called Thoth-Wurdiz (26)


treasure Nice Diamond Crown (18)


weapon Plain Asparagus Sword called Sax-'N-Ice (21)


armor Featherlike Peach-yellow Armor called Thor-Showway-Ghede (22)


spell Peach puff Amulet called Pillar-Salamander-Zorya (22)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen