Web Raid's Home Page

If you find this blog interesting, why not try out Web Raid yourself? It's free, it's available for Windows and Mac OS X (probably also runs well under Linux). Just click here to enter Web Raid's homepage with all information + download option.

Montag, 15. März 2010

Testing Web Raid's new 5x5 levels, second attempt

Well, whatever strange mess of hindi and other Indian languages messed up Web Raid is undone now again at Wikipedia's page about Mumbai; unfortunately before I could track down what exactly goes wrong.

I'm in the middle of the game, raiding "Tythe". The screen looks like this now:


The 5x5 mini-levels show quite clearly. So let's start raiding by taking the sword in the north.

And dead already. I took the sword, I took a piece of armor, and they came after me in masses. And although I've designed the 5x5 levels on purpose with two possible connections in each direction, so you can run between two levels in circles, thus gathering your "followers" behind you, they came in so many waves that... Well... 

Next attempt.

And dead again. This time I actually equipped sword and armor and tried to confront the first monster. Without success...

Next attempt.

This time I'm trying the good old "up/down" trick. I wanted to fix this for a long time (if you climb up, you magically are teleported to the next "up" stair instead of ending up at the stair which you were using to climb down), but this is a real life-saver so often that it just makes sense to leave it in.


But it was a good idea.

Next attempt.
And next attempt.
And next attempt.

In the next attempt I actually managed to move across the whole level to the leftmost mini-level that contained really good weaponry and armor. But at that time they (THEY) were so close already that I didn't have the time to put on my belongings.

Next attempt. And I'm in deep shit again.


I'm the little yellow guy with all the red guys following him. I'd either like to go left, but there are already a couple of guys following me, or right, but only the two bottom-most mini-levels are connected to the right, not the one I'm entering. Also the stair down north of me is so close that if I enter and climb back, the stair up will be immediately next to one of the monsters on my track, making matters no easier.

...

Next attempt (after actually making it all the way to the west again, putting on a good armor and an amulet, wielding a lv 20 weapon (that turned out to be a poor weapon with weapon smith skill of 37%). I confronted a measly lv 17 monster and was killed.

So, it looks like either Tythe is much harder if converted to a 5x5 level than it is when converted to a maze. This might be a coincidence, but it might simply be the case that the pre-defined 25 mini-levels feature too many monsters.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen